Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Chicago

Sadly, we said goodbye to Hans And Bethany yesterday...  they took off for a week of fun with family in the windy city!  I'm so proud of them, they flew alone for the first time, and - even more brave - they're traveling back separately.  Totally by themselves!  Hans returns this Saturday, and Bethany will be back at the end of the month.  This will be a good experience, especially for Bethany, since she plans to travel with the People to People Ambassador Program next summer (hopefully to the Galapagos Islands!).  Such amazing kids.

Love to all...



2 comments:

Granny Goo said...

Was it hard letting them go by themselves? I remember my mom being so upset when Herb, Norma Lee and myself were leaving for a vacation to California and other areas& I was. 17, Herb 19 & Norma Lee 24. It's it amazing what we expect from our kids today. But in pioneer days they had to grow up even faster. Hope you are having a great time with Ryan & Eric.

Unknown said...

Yea, it was hard - I sat/paced in the terminal for an hour, while they waited for clearance from Chicago to take off (there was bad weather).

They aren't babies, so I know things will be fine, but there's so much worrying involved! About the flight, how nervous they may be, if they need anything... This is a good way, though, to help them become experienced and confident travelers. I want them to see the world!