Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sushi!

So our policy with grades has always been this:

Good grades are your job - we don't pay for grades.  We DO, however, reward for good grades!  We have dates.  A/B honor roll with one (high) C lets you pick one:  lunch, a toy, or a movie.  A/B Honor roll gets you two choices, and all A's?  All three things!

Now that Josh is in college, he only gets grades at the end of each semester, so I tried to make the reward a good one for his first semester in college.  So (with the help of Groupon), he and I went to Madame Saito's Sushi making course!  It was really nice; he and I improved our skills, learned new terms and techniques, and shared some Plum wine.  Well, I shared some with him, not the other way around!  It was a great date, and something he can use when he visits Obachan again.

My first roll - Hosomaki (cucumber and wasabi).
  
  

  



   
Madame Saito teaches Josh how to fillet the salmon.

  

Love to all...  XOXOXO

No comments: